Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things are starting to pick up now!

I forgot how hard it is to write the beginning of a book. My last one ended up with a total of seven starts. With NaNo I don't have time to rewrite yet so I'm just plowing ahead.

12k plus words. I'm getting into my groove and making some good progress. I'm excited to sit down and see what happens next. I've learnt alot about my characters and the big picture of what this series will end up being.

I think today was a record. I got to my word goal by 10:30 am, instead of staying up late into the night to make sure I didn't fall behind! I have the rest of the day to sit down and write when I want to, rather then having to.

My fav threads in the forums so far are
-Adopt a tag line for a villan (can't stop saying 'I'll kill you right in the face' lol)
-Free words (I wrote down most of them and am crossing them off as I sneak them into my work)
and last but not least
-I didn't know that about my character (so of course I had to write up Declan, my bog snorkeling, Irish distant relation to my FMC that literaly popped up from nowhere and decided he was sticking around)

2 comments:

  1. What's this I see on the nanowrimo Alberta, elsewhere forum? Kelly has found some writing buddies! It's a rush isn't it? Especially when you thought you were all alone;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! I didn't know you had a blog. I went to reply to this and google reminded me that I had set up a blog ages ago and never wrote anything on it. This whole writing thing is pretty fun! Yay for NaNo!

    ReplyDelete