Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3 days in!

So NaNo is finally here and instead of going with my well thought out and planned novel--seriously I have each scene written out and filed in a recipe box--I've jumped the smooth sailing ship and am headed up pants mountain along with most everyone else.

I'm still hard at work on my YA novel THE STONE SLEEPER'S and didn't want to get into writing the sequal until it was completely done. Until I could read it start to finish without making the slightest tweak. After realizing that day would never come I said to hell with it, maybe I'll get to know my characters better through the sequal and it can only improve my first novel.

My NaNo project has turned into Book Two of the Stone Sleeper's series and I'm having a blast. The course has been rocky these first few days and I'm desperatly walking around the house gong "I need an action scene, maybe____can happen?"

The forums are a fun place to hang out waiting for inspiration to strike. Already I can't wait to do it again next year!

(4485 and counting)

No comments:

Post a Comment