Thursday, November 25, 2010

Finish line in sight

Last night I made the most progress in my NaNo novel so far. I came in just short of 4k words. With the end in sight things are starting to get pretty interesting in my story and I couldn't stop. Admittedly I had to dry my eyes a couple times as I killed off one of my favorite characters, but I always knew his time was short. Luckily he'll live on in memories :)

Only 8k to go, and I'm so close to the end I'm not sure where I'll put all those words. Last night I started dreaming up new scenes to add some character depth into the novel so that's always an option. I'd guess today I'll get to the end of the story and start working my way back from the start, adding in things here and there.

When I hit 50k this project gets shevled until I sell my first book. Hopefully I will revist and polish it up and it can join it's predessor on a shelf in a book store one day. I've really enjoyed my very first NaNo and can't wait till next year.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to buying it in Chapters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Kelly! So proud of you. Looking forward to reading your finished novel someday! Sending hugs, and love.

    ReplyDelete