Monday, October 18, 2010

Where do your character names come from?

I took some time this morning to browse through other writers blogs. One thing I noticed were story ideas with (unnamed character) inserted. Of course the majority of these were fantasy/science fiction/paranormal types, but it made me think back to how easy it was for me to name all my characters -even those in books yet to come.

My main character and her little sister borrowed their names from my daughters middle names, but practically everyone else in the story came from the World of Warcraft. Yes, secretly I am an online gamer *gasp*

Some of my 'guildies' lent their fictional names to a whole new type of fiction, imagine that.

1 comment:

  1. I go through the baby book. I know, not very original. But at least I can use the names I want and don't have to argue with my husband over which one to pick! He doesn't like names that can be made into nicknames, so Victoria, Gabrielle, etc. were out. Alas, my 4 girls have all been given shortened up versions of their names as nicknames anyway. (Except Aimee).

    ReplyDelete