Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making time to write.

My usual writing time is in the afternoon as my kids nap, something that has to change now. As they have recently been staying up until ten or even eleven at night they need to be weaned off the napping.

Since my computer desk sits in the middle of a very high traffic area of our house I don't get much done duing normal 'business' hours, -the kids run around momming me every five minutes.
Nor do I get any writing time in the evenings when my oldest daughter gets home from school and husband from work. Admittedly I get distracted quite easy. The sound of the television in the next room, the dog barking outside, my husband typing away on his keyboard next to me all fight to keep me in the present, instead of letting my imagination wander into my story. No wonder it takes so long to finish a novel.

Two more years till the little guys are off to school...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment