Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer's over, time to get back to work.

This has been one of the busiest summers I can remember. We found out my father in law has terminal lung cancer, so have been spending as much time as possible out at the lake with him and my mother in law.
There have been so many visitors and so many trips over the last few months. It's been hard, but also great in a way, to have the time to spend together as a family. We started the summer with a postponed trip to Drumheller and instead stayed in town to welcome aunts, uncles and cousins. In a non stop procession we've had something, or someone on the agenda every weekend. We finally made it to Drumheller this past weekend (following weekends in Calgary, and Glendon,) and we all had a great time.
Now that summer is winding down I find myself drawn back to having some sort of schedule. Time to work off all the extra weight put on by the constant pr essence of 'comfort food'. I've been trying to find a new groove, getting up and feeding the kids, working out while they eat and watch their morning cartoons, then a dedicated hour to cleaning while they play outside. I'm glad they still take naps so I can sit down with my writing and put some work into that. It's something that I think about every day, and berate myself over not finding time for.
Today I set aside the quiet that nap time brings, and worked on my book for over an hour, realizing how much I missed it. Strangely enough not five minutes after I saved and closed out for the day, a friend from my writing class last spring got in touch through facebook. Seems like an interesting and fortunate coincidence.

2 comments:

  1. There's no such thing as coincidence. It's fate, deary. Or maybe M-field Theory...whatever! Great minds think alike and all that jazz. Keep up on that great and unique story you have going there. You owe it to the world!
    http://cinettesmusings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering how to subscribe to your site. I don't see an icon for that.Will you be setting it up for that?
    Cinette
    http://cinettesmusings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete